Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream ~ 純素士多啤梨雪糕（無蛋，無奶）
Time for the ice-cream, everyone! I wish I’m not the last one to make ice-cream for this season.
The weather here is not as hot as the Asia area, I mean they have more than 33°C usually. Luckily, we have 22 to 24°C sometimes during the daytime, and 15 to 18°C at night, lovely weather and temperature.
Think back, I made frozen yoghurt last year, that’s so yummy as this ice cream, that one is called : Strawberry Frozen yogurt, Maybe I’ll after something else except the strawberry next year for a variety. But, I only make something in season and cheap anyway to fit my tight budget.
Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream
- 3/4 cup Strawberry Puree
- 1 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot or tapioca starch
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Whisk together with 1/2 cup of coconut milk and the arrowroot.
- Cook the remaining 1 cup of coconut milk over the stove, let it heat until the small bubbles appear, add the maple syrup, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
- Using a hand whisk to add the arrowroot mixture, let it cook until thicken, like custard.
- Allow it to cool down, and chill overnight, use the ice-cream maker to churn until smooth, it take about 20 minutes.
- Or freeze in the freezer for 4 hours, it will start to crystallize, use hand whisk or electrical whisk to break down the crystal until the ice cream smooth, re-freeze it until harder. Then serve.