Stir-fry Mixed Vegetables with Home-made Mushroom sauce 自制香菇醬(素蠔油)，炒西蘭花雜菜
Will you all love to cook randomly by your feeling, like jigsaw puzzle… even your imagination (I mean daydreaming)!
I do, most of the time, honestly!
Why? No such a proper recipe? Yeah, no recipe, why not? Can anyone tell me that you will follow a recipe to make every meal? That must be curious me.
Recipe for me is only for something so special, so delicate!
Today’s meal, is always happening on my dinning table, no such recipe, no measurement. You can add what you like, what you have in your fridge. But except the mushroom sauce, it is my all time seasoning sauce, like my soy sauce in my fridge. I did follow the recipe that I adapted from here, but only the first time I made the experiment. This is my second time I make the sauce, with some adding and changing, like I normally do.🙂
In my experience, I prefer to make the sauce thicker. It is quite handy to keep in the ice-cube maker and store in the freezer. It can thinner the sauce with some water, anytime if I need it.
Here was my trip to Vancouver, Canada. We’re on the way to the Okanagan Lake, it is next to the Summerhill Winery, the huge vineyard, it stretches miles and miles, beautiful place and people enjoy to taste the Icewine there.
The way how to prepare this dish, simply like the ordinary stir-fry method. Wash, chop, heat up the oil, quick stir, seasoning and off heat, only few steps, just simple as that!
The vegan mushroom sauce
- 100 g dried shitake mushrooms (soak in water for 4 hours, clean, drain and cut into strips)
- 2 tbsp flax seeds (wash and soak in 1/2 cup water for 4 hours)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 slices ginger (cut into thin strips)
- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- Place the vegetable oil over low heat and saute ginger until golden brown; remove the ginger.
- Add shiitake mushrooms and sesame oil; stir-fry over medium heat until fragrant.
- Add salt, dark soy sauce and soy sauce; stir-fry for 1/2 minute.
- Add water and sugar; stir well, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove, place in a big bowl, let cool and transfer into a blender; add flax seeds and pulse until smooth.
- Finally, transfer the puree into a sauce pot, constantly stir and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Dish out and serve (or store the extra sauce in the fridge for future use).