Vegan Macadamia Ice-Cream with Maple Caramel Sauce 純素夏威夷果仁雪糕+楓糖焦糖醬
Ice-cream is not my season dessert at all. It is my all year round favorite desserts. Even though, I still have ice-cream in the snowing day. 🙂
I promise you all, this is the easiest way to make ice cream for vegans. Even you haven’t owned a powerful Vita-mix or ice-cream maker. You still can work out to achieve a smooth vegan ice cream at home.
Don’t appreciate to me, you may thank my favourite Katie. She is a genius to make all kinds of vegan dessert.
Since I started the vegan diet in my life gradually. I know I need to find my own way to transform all my favourite food without any dairy product nor egg.
Transform the dairy ice-cream into vegan is my second technical challenge. My first priority is the vegan cheese.
I use the macadamia nuts instead of the raw cashew because I want to finish off the nuts before the due date. 🙂 You can use soy milk, coconut milk or other nut milk, but I prefer the combination of the coconut milk and the soy milk. It won’t overpower from the coconut milk, but still creamy enough.
All we need to get ready is soak the nuts for 4 hours advance. Then blend all the remaining ingredients together until smooth. Scrape the sides for few times and blend again, if you haven’t owned a Vita-mix like me. It doesn’t bother me at all. Pour the mixture into the ice-cube maker and freeze it until solid. Once it gets rock hard in the freezer, remove to the food processor. And process until smooth enough to scoop. That’s all finishes and you can get your reward. Enjoy!
Hang-on, nearly forget the maple caramel sauce for the topping. Anyway, it has two ingredients: maple syrup and some starch. Cook on the stove and chill in the fridge. You can prepare it in a large batch and store in the fridge. It is an all-time welcome topping sauce for dessert.
If you like to add more bonus to this ice-cream. Make the Raw peanut butter cookie dough advance and keep in the fridge. Don’t finish off in your mouth before you serve this ice-cream!
Once all done! Put few peanut butter cookie dough in the serving bowl, scoop one or two ice cream on it, drizzle the maple caramel sauce on top. Mmm, what do you think? Yummy, yummy vegan ice cream is here. Don’t try to stop me! Better to make double batches next time. :p
Vegan Macadamia Ice-Cream with Maple Caramel Sauce
For the ice cream:
- 1 cup Macadamia nuts (about 120g), or Raw cashew nuts
- 1 1/3 cup Nut milk of your choice
- 4 to 5 tbsp Raw sugar or Xylitol, Stevia sweetener
- Pinch of Sea salt
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla extract or Vanilla beans from pod
For the maple caramel sauce:
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch or arrowroot
- For the ice cream: In a bowl, cover the nuts with water and let sit 4-8 hours. Drain, and pat dries very well with a paper towel. Combine all ingredients in a blender, and blend until all nut bits have disappeared and the mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture in ice cube trays. Once the ice cream gets froze form, then blended the cubes in a food processor with a little bit of nut milk. It works well if you haven’t owned a Vita-Mix just like me. Blend on high, until completely smooth with a soft-serve texture. Scoop out into individual bowls, using an ice-cream scoop for an authentic presentation. Eat immediately, or freeze the ice cream in a plastic container for an hour and it scooped out beautifully smooth.
- For the maple caramel sauce: Combine ingredients in a small pot and whisk together. Put on medium heat and bring to a boil. As soon as it starts to bubble, stir constantly for 3-4 minutes, then remove from heat. Fridge 1 hour to set. This gets thicker as it gets cool. (Technically you can make this maple caramel in the microwave; but watch it carefully, as it bubbles up quickly.)
- Now you can enjoy your superb vegan ice cream with maple caramel sauce drizzle on top. Alternatively, you can add a few Raw Peanut butter cookie dough with this fantastic ice cream.
- Any of other nut milk, like soy milk, almond milk, canned full-fat coconut milk, homemade cashew cream (the milk version), many others will surely work well!