Vegan Chocolate Mousse without Sugar
I always dream of this sweet indulgence. This treat is tastes divine, super creamy (with the avocado and banana), and it is sugarless (thanks for the Medjool dates). It is also ideal for anyone that has dairy allergies.
I can’t believe how quick to make this vegan chocolate mousse. Before I turned into a vegan, chocolate mousse wasn’t an easy task in my kitchen. Remember something like melted the chocolate, add dairy milk with gelatin maybe, for setting. Add the chilling time, it may take few hours until serve.
But now, if someone asks for an instant dessert. I’ll so pleased and proudly to prepare for them. This recipe is for a quick fix dessert at any time. All the ingredients maybe sitting in your kitchen already. Ripe avocado and banana for the creaminess; also, the Medjool dates for the sweetness. Just blend all up in a food processor. To serve, you can add a batch of berries. But today, I serve with some seasonal fresh figs into this nice mousse.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 3 Pitted Medjool dates, or 4 other pitted dates
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch Black salt
- Soak the pitted dates in a bowl of hot water for few minutes until soft.
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse for 5-7 minutes or until smooth.
- Serve with fresh berries, seasonal fruits or figs.
- If you owned a Vita-mix luckily, the time will be quicker.