Vegan Apple Loaf Cake
Such a hectic time recently, I get a limited time to struggle between my home, work and family. Despite of the crazy busy during these few weeks. I feel guilty to leave my blog in my drawer.
Today I can squeeze a few minutes to write this post because I don’t want to lose this great recipe. Also, love to share with you all.
By the time I make this cake for our friends that they came for visiting us. To express our appreciate to them.
Now is the harvest time for apples and pears in England. This cake can create a lot more different version. Add some chopped nuts will get more flavour. Or reduce the sugar content, but add a handful of raisin for the sweetness substitute. If you’re the caramel fan, serve with homemade maple caramel sauce.
Vegan Apple Cake
- 1 1/2 cup Plain flour
- 3/4 cup Light brown sugar
- 1 cup of Applesauce
- 1/2 cup Vegan butter
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Almond milk, or other nut milk of your choice
- 3 Apples, diced
- Set the oven to 350°F, 180°C, 160°C (fan oven).
- Peel, core and dice the apples, add 3 tbsp of the sugar from the 3/4 cup.
- Beat the butter with the sugar until creamy.
- Add the applesauce, vanilla and milk into the butter batter. Mix well.
- Sieve the dry ingredients into the batter and 1/2 of the diced apples. Fold in all the ingredients until well combined.
- Pour in the lined and greased 5″ x 9″ loaf tin. Spread the remaining apples on top and slightly press down to the batter.
- Bake in the preheat oven for around 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool down on a wire rack and then time to serve!
- Enjoy! 🙂
- The applesauce that the recipe asks for, I use mashed pear puree instead. It still make a great result.
- If you like to add some chopped nuts, like walnut or sliced almond. Just feel free to do and get more creative.
- This recipe was adapted from onegreenplanet.com
- Sorry for all, cause large part of my photos were gone missing. Here is only one photo to show you.