Cool Down by Refreshing Homemade Elderflower Cordial
Hi everyone! What’s the temperature in your country?
We are soaking in a heat wave in England by the temperature jumped up to 29°C to 31°C in these few weeks. Still can’t see the sign to lower from the weather forecast. We can’t complain about it cause we had been through a long cold, damp and icy winter. The globe weather was going to extremely cold or sweating hot.
I can’t think of anything to eat for this kind of weather, ice-cream was existing merely as an image in my mind.
But today, I’m not going to make any ice-cream. If you fancy that, you can check Suzanne’s post was talking about the delicious vanilla ice-cream.
I am going to make a refreshing drink: Elderflower cordial today. I always get a chance to make it every year around the June when the harvest season. If you get interested, go somewhere out of traffic, don’t pick from the high pollution area like the roadside.
I have made not only the elderflower cordial this year, also the vegan elderflower jelly and elderflower ice-cubes. Oh yes, all about elderflower. 🙂
I put the ice-cubes in my drinking water, jelly for my snack through the day. And I kept two bottles of the cordial for myself. The others will go to my friends and my family’s fridge.
The elderflower cordial was my old recipe but without the citrus acid this time.
Don’t feel despairing, I am going to tell you how to make the vegan elderflower jelly now.
- 1 pack of Konnyaku jelly powder with a packet of citrus acid 水晶蒟蒻果凍
- 250ml homemade Elderflower cordial
- 1000ml Water
- Follow the instructor from the packet of Konnyaku jelly powder by putting the jelly powder in a saucepan.
- Whisking the water into the jelly powder until the powder dissolves completely, then add the elderflower cordial.
- Turn on the medium-high heat and bring to the mixture to boil and keep whisking all the time. After the boil, change to simmer and still whisk sometimes in case it turns lumpy. It will take around 2 to 3 minutes.
- The mixture will turn into a bit thicker. Turn off the heat. And add the packet of citrus acid. Whisk until all well combined.
- Pour into the jelly moulds and chill. Best serve after keeping in the fridge overnight.