Fruit and Nut Paste & Taro Paste for Mooncakes 五仁月餅餡，芋頭茸
Here we come again! I have two more mooncake paste for you all, that’s fruit & nut paste and Taro paste 五仁月餅餡，芋頭茸.
The fruit & nut paste is my hubby’s favourite one. I thought the old people love it only, but he loves it all the years. It is so easy to prepare and the ingredients I take it from my daily breakfast. Gather all together and form a ball, chill in the fridge to firm up. Then divide it within 35g for 50g cake mould. OR make it 50g for 75g cake mould.
And the other most popular one is taro paste, I bought it from the Oriental supermarket. The frozen one is cheaper and the result is the same as the fresh one.
Here is the link that I followed, thanks! 🙂
Taro Paste 芋頭茸
Ingredient & steps:
- 350g taro, defrosted and cut into thick slices, steam about 20 minutes until soft. Mashup when it is still hot and sieve in a fine mesh.
- Put the mashed taro in a wok. Add the 120g sugar and pinch of salt.
- Get 1/2 tbsp of Sweet glutinous rice flour, mix with 120g water until well combined. Pour over the taro mixture and add 20g of vegetable oil, like peanut oil.
- Put on the medium-low heat, cook and stir all the time until the paste form thick. Off heat and wrap in a piece of cling film. Let it cool completely and chill in the fridge to firm up.
Fruit and Nut Paste 五仁月餅餡
- 130g Plain flour, fried on a frying pan without oil until it starts to turn yellowish. Off heat. Let cool and set aside.
- Mixed nuts, like cashew nuts, walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, or Brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds about 65g.
- Dried fruits, like raisins, cranberries, candied orange peel slices 糖漬橙片, about 50g.
- 15g toasted black or white sesame seeds
- 15g Stem ginger, chopped
- 100g Light brown sugar or use pitted dates soak in a little bit of water to soften, drained
- 85g Neutral oil, like peanut oil but not olive oil nor coconut oil
- 50g Water or orange juice
- Toast the mixed nuts and finely chopped with the mixed dried fruits as well, set aside.
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Gather all together to form a ball. Add a little bit of water if needed.
- Divide into each ball around 35g each for 50g cake mould or 50g for 75g cake mould. Store in an airtight container and chill in the fridge.
Note: Sorry, I messed up the taro and the yam. It updated and corrected already.