Chocolate Cake for Valentine’s Day
Hello everyone! Happy Valentine’s Day!
Missed all of you for nearly 3 months, I have been away and it has lots of fantastic things happened recently.
Today is Valentine’s day, it seems we haven’t celebrated this special day since a long time ago.
Despite that, I like to bake this little chocolate cake for my hubby. 🙂
This is a simple, no fuss and easy to achieve success even a new baker.
You can get a lave cake from this simple recipe, but I have baked a little bit over-time accidentally. Sadly, I can’t have a lovely lava cake that I want to. This is what I get at last: a fluffy, soft chocolate cake.
Vegan Chocolate Cake (Lava Cake)
Ingredient: (Make 2 ramekins)
- 1/2cup Plain flour
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4tsp Baking soda
- 5tbsp Unrefined brown sugar
- 1/2cup Coldwater
- 2tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1/2tbsp Lemon juice or vinegar
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Dark chocolate cubes, 75% cocoa, (dairy-free)
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Sieve the plain flour in a bowl, with the salt, cacao powder, and baking soda, set aside.
- Put sugar and cold water in another small bowl, stir until the sugar dissolved.
- Add the vanilla extract and lemon juice, mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined but not over mix.
- Pour the batter in the greased ramekins.
- Then, place one chocolate cube in the batter, press down to immerse into the batter.
- Place in the hot oven and bake for 27 minutes. Don’t overcook if you want a lava cake.
- Remove out from the oven and leave to cool 2 to 3 minutes. Then gently invert the ramekins on a serving plate.
- Tap the base of the mould and let the cake slid on the plate.
- Dust some cocoa powder or icing sugar on top. Then serve immediately.